CaPE project descriptionConvection and Precipitation/Electrification Experiment
SummaryConvective precipitation field experiment conducted in east central Florida.
1. Identify relationships between co-evolving wind, water, and electric fields within convective clouds.
2. Determine the meteorological and electrical conditions in which natural and triggered lightning can/cannot occur.
3. Develop mesoscale numerical forecasts (2-12 hr) of wind, clouds, and thunderstorms, employing data assimilation.
4. Improve techniques for performing short-term forecasts of convective initiation, downbursts, and tornadoes.
5. Characterize precipitation particles and remote estimation of rainfall.
Data accessSearch for datasets
Additional InformationRelated links:
- info: CLASS Sounding Skew-T Plots and Analyses
- info: CP2
- info: CP3
- info: CP4
- info: Video Log
- homepage: CaPE
- download: KingAir
Temporal coverageBegin date: 1991-07-08 00:00:00, End date: 1991-08-18 23:59:59
Spatial coverageMinimum latitude: 27.000000, Minimum longitude: -84.000000
Maximum latitude: 30.000000, Maximum longitude: -80.000000