DYCOMS-II project descriptionDynamics and Chemistry of Marine Stratocumulus Phase II
SummaryDYCOMS-II is the name given to a field campaign which collected data for the purposes of testing large-eddy simulations of nocturnal stratocumulus.
The experiment consisted of nine flights out of North Island Naval Air Station (just west of San Diego) between July 7 and July 28, 2001.
The DYCOMS-II field program is designed to collect data to test large-eddy simulations of stratocumulus. The flight strategy has been optimized to provide:
- a suite of test cases for subsequent observations;
- tests of LES derived entrainment parameterizations.
- to test a recently proposed technique to measure large-scale divergence;
- to test our ability to close scalar budgets under ideal situations;
- to increase our understanding and of the statistical signature of the diurnal cycle in marine stratocumulus.
Data accessSearch for datasets
Additional InformationRelated links:
Temporal coverageBegin date: 2001-07-07 00:00:00, End date: 2001-07-28 23:59:59
Spatial coverageMinimum latitude: 26.000000, Minimum longitude: -127.000000
Maximum latitude: 37.000000, Maximum longitude: -115.000000