Polar Bears: Muscle analyses
From a subset of captured bears, a muscle sample was obtained through a sterile biopsy. Muscle samples were analyzed for fiber types, DNA content, protein content, and stable isotopes of carbon and nitrogen. Information on bear IDs and dates of capture is not available because of the threatened species status of the subjects.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||NSF 0732713, USGS|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-12-01 22:56:00|
|End datetime||2011-12-31 22:56:00|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -155.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -122.00
Additional contact information
- originator: John P. Whiteman <email@example.com>
- author: Henry J. Harlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Merav Ben-David <email@example.com>
- author: John P. Whiteman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: George M. Durner <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Henry J. Harlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Merav Ben-David <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Harlow, H., et al. 2013. Polar Bears: Muscle analyses. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6RR1WDV. Accessed 30 Sep 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "