Arctic Global Radiation (AGR) Data Set
Radiation data were compiled and computed from many sources in the Arctic to produce a two-part Arctic Global Radiation (AGR) data set. The first part includes a time series of monthly fluxes from land stations, ocean drifting stations and empirically derived long-term climatological estimates from earlier Russian studies. While many of the station time series are quite short, some span over 40 years. Data are provided for the region north of 60 degrees N. The second part is a long-term monthly mean gridded climatology for the region north of 65 degrees N, based on the AGR-1 data set. For the most comprehensive information on this data set, read the extensive documentation.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||9321547, 9504201, 9614297, NAGW-2407|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||1950-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||1991-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -180.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: 180.00
Additional contact information
- author: Mark C. Serreze <email@example.com>
- author: Jason Box <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: James Maslanik <email@example.com>
- originator: Mark C. Serreze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Jeffrey R. Key <Jeff.Key@noaa.gov>
- principalInvestigator: Jeffrey R. Key <Jeff.Key@noaa.gov>
- principalInvestigator: Roger G. Barry <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Mark C. Serreze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Robert Stone <Robert.Stone@noaa.gov>
- principalInvestigator: Konrad Steffen <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: James Maslanik <firstname.lastname@example.org> Show 8 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Serreze, M., et al. 2009. Arctic Global Radiation (AGR) Data Set. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6HH6H6X. Accessed 08 Jul 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "