North Pole Environmental Observatory (NPEO) Seawater Chemistry, 2000-2005
This data set includes diverse measurements of seawater chemistry along with supplementary Conductivity, Temperature, Depth (CTD); pressure; salinity; potential temperature; and density data from the Arctic Ocean near the North Pole. Measurements were taken from sea ice platforms each April or May from 2000-2005. Investigators used a CTD-O2 system to measure seawater conductivity, temperature, depth, and dissolved oxygen content, and collected Niskin bottle samples for measurements of salinity, oxygen isotope composition, and concentrations of phosphate, silicic acid, nitrate, nitrite, ammonium, and barium. The available in situ dissolved oxygen measurements were collected beginning in 2002.
The North Pole Environmental Observatory (NPEO) is a year-round, automated scientific observatory, deploying various instruments each April in order to learn how the world's northernmost sea helps regulate global climate. It consists of a set of unmanned scientific platforms that record oceanographic, cryospheric, and atmospheric data throughout the year.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||9910335, 0352984, 9910305|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords||
|Begin datetime||2000-04-21 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2005-04-28 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -179.836, Maximum (East) Longitude: 179.808
Primary point of contact information
Kelly K. Falkner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- principalInvestigator: Kelly K. Falkner <email@example.com>
- author: Kelly K. Falkner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: James H. (Jamie) Morison <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Robert Collier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: James H. (Jamie) Morison <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Dr. Knut Aagaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Richard Moritz <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Miles McPhee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Andreas Heiberg <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Michael Steele <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- originator: Kelly K. Falkner <email@example.com> Show 8 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Falkner, K., Morison, J., Falkner, K. 2009. North Pole Environmental Observatory (NPEO) Seawater Chemistry, 2000-2005. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6PR7T43. Accessed 31 Mar 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "