Single Particle Soot Photometer (SP2)
The Single Particle Soot Photometer (SP2) is an instrument that directly measures the refractory black carbon (rBC) content in individual accumulation-mode aerosol particles and can identify iron-oxide-like aerosol composition and concentration (here referred to as light absorbing metallic (LAM) aerosol). This dataset contains SP2 rBC and LAM data measured aboard the NSF/NCAR GV during HIPPO-5. The data are in NASA AMES format.
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
- user agreement required
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|GCMD Science Keywords||Expand keywords|
|Begin datetime||2011-08-09 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2011-09-08 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: 165.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -80.00
Primary point of contact information
EOL Data Support <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- pointOfContact: Joshua P. Schwarz <email@example.com>
- author: Anne E. Perring <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Kara D. Lamb <email@example.com>
- author: Joshua P. Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Ru-Shan Gao <RuShan.Gao@noaa.gov>
- author: J. Ryan Spackman <email@example.com>
- author: Laurel A. Watts <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: David W. Fahey <email@example.com>
- author: NOAA/Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL)
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Perring, A., et al. 2020. Single Particle Soot Photometer. Version 2.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.26023/2WER-M87Z-JQ0M. Accessed 27 Mar 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "