Oil Industry Chemical Characterization Data
This data set was collected as part of the Chukchi Sea Environmental Studies Program (CSESP), a multi-year, interdisciplinary ecological study focused on areas in outer continental shelf oil and gas leases in the northeastern Chukchi Sea. In 2008 when the program began, two 30 x 30 nautical mile study area boxes were developed around areas of interest to ConocoPhillips and Shell. The ConocoPhillips study area (named Klondike), and the Shell study area (named Burger) became the focus of data collection. Data were collected from these two study areas again in 2009. Then, in 2010, Statoil joined the program, and a third study area, Statoil, was created and sampled as well as Klondike and Burger. This dataset is part of the Pacific Marine Arctic Regional Synthesis (PacMARS) Project.
The objectives of the Chukchi Sea Environmental Baseline Studies Program are:
1. To provide data for pre-exploration and development-related activities
2. To provide data for permit applications
3. To provide input to planning of future operations and associated mitigation
4. To provide additional baseline data that can be used to assess and measure the potential environmental effects of offshore oil and gas exploration and development in the northeastern Chukchi Sea
This dataset contains the original CSV files, metadata files, shapefiles, and geodatabase files in ZIP files.
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Frequency||no set schedule|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-07-25 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2011-10-14 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -166.02744, Maximum (East) Longitude: -162.32632
Additional contact information
- author: Battelle Memorial Institute <email@example.com>
- author: Exponent, Inc. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Florida Institute of Technology
- author: Neff & Associates LLC
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Battelle Memorial Institute, et al. 2013. Oil Industry Chemical Characterization Data. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6SF2T7C. Accessed 20 Oct 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "