CaPE: Convection and Precipitation/Electrification Experiment
SummaryConvective precipitation field experiment conducted in east central Florida.
1. Identify relationships between co-evolving wind, water, and electric fields within convective clouds.
2. Determine the meteorological and electrical conditions in which natural and triggered lightning can/cannot occur.
3. Develop mesoscale numerical forecasts (2-12 hr) of wind, clouds, and thunderstorms, employing data assimilation.
4. Improve techniques for performing short-term forecasts of convective initiation, downbursts, and tornadoes.
5. Characterize precipitation particles and remote estimation of rainfall.
|GCMD Name||CAPE > Convection and Precipitation/Electrification Experiment|
|Begin Date||1991-07-08 00:00:00|
|End Date||1991-08-18 23:59:59|
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -84.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -80.00