Oil Industry Fisheries Data
The primary object of the fish trawl assessment program is to estimate the relative abundance (numbers) and biomass (weight), species composition, and biological information on benthic and pelagic marine fish and invertebrate communities within the study areas. Bottom and pelagic trawl nets are deployed at each station and towed for approximately 5 to 15 minutes at an approximate speed of 2 to 4 knots. On average a 15 minute trawl tow covers a distance of approximately 926 meters (3,050 ft.). State-of-the-art instrumentation records all trawl performance data during each tow, allowing an accurate estimate of area surveyed. Biologists sort the catch, weigh and count animals by species, and collect samples for studies of diet and ecosystem relationships. Common fish species seen in the trawl surveys in the Chukchi Sea are mostly small and include Arctic cod, Pacific sandlance, capelin and several species of sculpins. Common invertebrate species are numerous and include snow crab, a variety of sea stars, brittle stars and molluscs. This dataset is part of the Pacific Marine Arctic Regional Synthesis (PacMARS) Project.
This dataset contains the original csv files, metadata files, shapefiles, and geodatabase files in zip files.
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Frequency||no set schedule|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-07-20 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2011-10-04 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -166.03018, Maximum (East) Longitude: -162.18727
Additional contact information
- author: Brenda L Norcross <email@example.com>
- author: Abby L Antonelis
- author: Kyle L. Antonelis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: S. S. Carroll
- author: Stephen T Crawford
- author: Lorena Edenfield <email@example.com>
- author: Benny J. Gallaway
- author: Christine Gleason <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Scott E. Goodman <email@example.com>
- author: Brenda A. Holladay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Jeffrey A June <email@example.com>
- author: Robert M. Meyer
- principalInvestigator: Brenda L Norcross <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Brenda A. Holladay <email@example.com>
- author: Justin Priest
- principalInvestigator: Robert M. Meyer
- author: Scott W. Raborn
- principalInvestigator: Benny J. Gallaway
- principalInvestigator: Jeffrey A June <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Scott E. Goodman <email@example.com> Show 17 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Norcross, B., et al. 2013. Oil Industry Fisheries Data. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6G44N92. Accessed 22 Sep 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.