BIOMAS Model Results (a coupled sea ice/ocean/ecosystem model)
This data set includes the Biology/Ice/Ocean Modeling and Assimilation System (BIOMAS) simulated monthly mean results for the Arctic Ocean planktonic ecosystem over the period 2004-2008. Also included is a movie that shows monthly variations of a few ecosystem components over the period 2006-2008.
BIOMAS is a coupled sea ice, ocean, and marine planktonic ecosystem model (Zhang et al., 2009) with a model domain over the northern hemisphere north of 49 deg N. The mean horizontal resolution for most of the Arctic Ocean is about 22 km. This biophysical model is driven by the National Centers for Environmental Prediction/National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCEP/NCAR) reanalysis forcing.
Supported by NSF grants: ARC 0629326, ARC 0629095, ARC 0629234, and ARC 0629359
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||0629326, 0629095, 0629234, 0629359|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|Begin datetime||2004-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2008-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -180.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: 180.00
Additional contact information
- author: Jinlun Zhang <email@example.com>
- author: Yvette H. Spitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Michael Steele <email@example.com>
- author: Carin J. Ashjian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Robert G. Campbell <email@example.com>
- author: Leo Berline
- author: Patricia A. Matrai <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Michael Steele <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Carin J. Ashjian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Robert G. Campbell <email@example.com>
- originator: Jinlun Zhang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Jinlun Zhang <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Yvette H. Spitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> Show 10 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Zhang, J., et al. 2009. BIOMAS Model Results. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D61G0JCM. Accessed 31 Mar 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "