Radiocarbon Dates and Pollen Data, Peterson Erosional Remnant, Arctic Coastal Plain, Alaska
This data set consists of pollen data and radiocarbon (14C) dates resulting from microscopic analysis and mass spectrometry of soil cores taken from the Peterson Erosional Remnant, located on the Arctic Coastal Plain near Barrow, Alaska. Data are contained in four files, and include raw pollen counts listed by depth; counts for each coded pollen or microfossil type for each depth; the percent of each pollen or microfossil type by depth; radiocarbon (14C) dates expressed in calibrated years BP; and a pollen dictionary of codes used and Latin pollen/microfossil names. Data are in ASCII format. These data are part of a study of paleoenvironment, processes, and carbon stocks of thaw-lake basins on the Arctic Coastal Plain. The Peterson Erosional Remnant is a "non-basin" site that can be used to determine the overall age of the landscape in which thaw lakes have formed and drained.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||0240174, 0240338|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2002-04-15 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2003-08-15 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -156.40, Maximum (East) Longitude: -156.40
Additional contact information
- author: Wendy R. Eisner <email@example.com>
- author: James G. Bockheim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- author: Richard A. Beck <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- originator: Wendy R. Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Wendy R. Eisner <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: James G. Bockheim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Richard A. Beck <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Eisner, W., et al. 2009. Radiocarbon Dates and Pollen Data, Peterson Erosional Remnant, Arctic Coastal Plain, Alaska. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6CZ3597. Accessed 28 Jan 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.