Polar Sea 10-01 CTD and Nutrient Data
This Conductivity Temperature Depth (CTD) data set, consisting of 85 casts, was collected during a multi-disciplinary Bering Sea cruise on US Coast Guard Cutter Polar Sea (psea1001, March 7 - April 1, 2010). The cruise was funded by NSF for the Bering Sea Ecosystem Study-Bering Sea Integrated Ecosystem Research Program (BEST-BSIERP), and supported by numerous agencies and institutions. BEST-BSIERP together are the Bering Sea project. The CTD operations on this cruise were managed by personnel from NOAA/PMEL in the EcoFOCI program, with technical expertise from SCRIPPS, and deployment assistance from Polar Sea personnel. Water samples from casts were collected by various parties relative to their research needs. Profile data from CTD instruments were processed at NOAA/PMEL/EcoFOCI using standard techniques. Data from bottle samples include phosphate, silicate, nitrate, nitrite, ammonium, and chlorophyll. Data files are an array on a 1-meter grid and combine both averaged CTD profile data, and bottle samples where depths with no data are listed as "-1E+10"; in text data files, and as 1.0e-35 in NetCDF files.
Data are available in two formats: netCDF, and Ocean Data View ASCII files.
CTD data contacts: Phyllis Stabeno, Peggy Sullivan.
Nutrient and bottle data contact: Calvin Mordy.
Note: Data have been updated as of 02 Oct 2013.
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2010-03-07 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2010-04-07 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -175.30, Maximum (East) Longitude: -164.50
Additional contact information
- author: Phyllis J. Stabeno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Rolf Sonnerup <email@example.com>
- author: Calvin W. Mordy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Terry E. Whitledge <email@example.com>
- author: Sigrid A. Salo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Calvin W. Mordy <email@example.com>
- originator: Peggy Sullivan <Peggy.Sullivan@noaa.gov>
- principalInvestigator: Phyllis J. Stabeno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Rolf Sonnerup <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Terry E. Whitledge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Sigrid A. Salo <email@example.com> Show 8 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Stabeno, P., et al. 2011. Polar Sea 10-01 CTD and Nutrient Data. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6J1015W. Accessed 20 Oct 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "