Synthesis and Scaling of Hydrologic and Biogeochemical Data on the North Slope and Coastal Zone of Alaska
Understanding land-ocean-atmosphere coupling is essential for developing an integrated view of the arctic system, and is a key component of the Study of the Northern Alaska Coastal System (SNACS) program. As an important contribution to SNACS, this data set contributes to an investigation of the linkage between hydrologic variables and constituent (nutrients and organic matter) fluxes. The overarching goal of the project of which this work is a part, is to develop a generalized understanding of discharge-constituent relationships in arctic basins. For this data set, water chemistry data were collected between May and August from sites on the Kuparuk, Sagavanirktok, and Colville rivers during 2006 and 2007.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords||Expand keywords|
|Begin datetime||2006-05-16 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2007-08-23 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -150.994, Maximum (East) Longitude: -148.303
Primary point of contact information
James McClelland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- author: Marc Stieglitz <email@example.com>
- author: James McClelland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Robert Max Holmes <email@example.com>
- author: Bruce J. Peterson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- originator: James McClelland <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Marc Stieglitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Robert Max Holmes <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Bruce J. Peterson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: James McClelland <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Stieglitz, M., et al. 2009. Synthesis and Scaling of Hydrologic and Biogeochemical Data on the North Slope and Coastal Zone of Alaska. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6FQ9TRD. Accessed 29 May 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "