Russian and Norwegian River Daily Discharge from ArcticRIMS
This dataset includes Arctic river daily discharge data covering 66 gauges from Russia (58) and Norway (8). Most of these gauges represent unique Arctic Ocean drainage basins in Northern Eurasia which are important to evaluate river input to Arctic Ocean. Drainage area of these unique basins are from 48 km2 to 2950000 km2 and they cover about 1074700 km2 or (82%) of Eurasian Arctic drainage basin. The data for Russia were collected at State Hydrological Institute, Saint Petersburg, Russia and data for Norway were provided by Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate. The data set covers a period from 1907 to 2003 with most data falling in the range from the mid-1930s to the mid-1990s.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||0230243, 0612062|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords||Expand keywords|
|Begin datetime||1907-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2003-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: 15.43, Maximum (East) Longitude: 174.15
Primary point of contact information
Richard B. Lammers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- author: Richard B. Lammers <email@example.com>
- author: Alexander I. Shiklomanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- originator: Richard B. Lammers <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Richard B. Lammers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Alexander I. Shiklomanov <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Charles J. Vorosmarty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Mark Fahnestock
- principalInvestigator: Steve Frolking <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Ernst Linder
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Lammers, R., Shiklomanov, A., Lammers, R. 2009. Russian and Norwegian River Daily Discharge from ArcticRIMS. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6X34VKT. Accessed 03 Jun 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "