DGPS Lake Shoreline Dataset from Field Survey
Shorelines for thaw lakes on the Alaskan North Slope were mapped in the field using high accuracy Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS). Three field sites were mapped over three years beginning with the Barrow peninsula in 2008, near the town of Atqasuk in 2009, and at the southern limit of North Slope lakes in 2010 with about a dozen lakes at each site. These three field sites form a North-South transect of the North Slope.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords||Expand keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-06-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2010-08-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -157.418, Maximum (East) Longitude: -155.766
Primary point of contact information
Yongwei Sheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- author: Yongwei Sheng <email@example.com>
- author: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- author: John D. Lenters <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Laurence C. Smith <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- author: Evan Lyons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Richard A. Beck <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Wendy R. Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Sheng, Y., et al. 2011. DGPS Lake Shoreline Dataset from Field Survey. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6J38QN5. Accessed 01 Apr 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "