Alaskan Lake Database Mapped from Landsat Images
The lake map for the State of Alaska was generated from selected Landsat acquired during summer seasons of circa 2000. Nearly 400 30-m resolution Enhanced Thematic Mapper Plus (ETM+) images were used to produce the lake map. The database contains over 38,000 lakes larger than 0.1 km2. The spatial coverage of the product is nearly the entire state except the Aleutian islands. The lake product is released at three different levels in response to lake size classes:
- Level 1: large lakes greater than 10 km2;
- Level 2: medium-sized lakes between 1 and 10 km2;
- Level 3: small lakes between 0.1 and 1 km2.
The Alaskan lake products are released in ArcView shapefile format.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||1999-06-30 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2002-10-01 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -167.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -130.00
Additional contact information
- author: Jida Wang <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- author: Yongwei Sheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- principalInvestigator: Richard A. Beck <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Wendy R. Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Evan Lyons <email@example.com>
- pointOfContact: Jida Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Wang, J., et al. 2011. Alaskan Lake Database Mapped from Landsat Images. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6MC8X5R. Accessed 02 Dec 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "