Lake Water Level and Temperature from Pressure Sensors
Water level and temperature measurements were collected hourly in June through August for the years 2008 through 2010 several lakes near Barrow and Atqasuk, Alaska. Solinst Levelogger Jr. water level and temperature sensors were used. Water level measurements were compensated for changes in barometric pressure using a Solinst Barologger Gold which was installed on the land surface near the lakes. Loggers were attached to a cable which had an anchor (sandbag) and float. Rafting lake ice moved sensors for the first weeks of each season until complete ice melt-out (generally in late June to early July). Data from the ice rafting periods has been removed from each sensor record.
The data are stored in one Microsoft Excel file (.xls) with multiple tabs (water_level_sensors.xls). The depth data are in cm and the temperature data, where available, is in Celsius.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-06-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2010-08-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -157.418, Maximum (East) Longitude: -155.766
Additional contact information
- author: Evan Lyons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Yongwei Sheng <email@example.com>
- author: Laurence C. Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- author: Junli Li
- author: Kenneth M. Hinkel <Kenneth.Hinkel@uc.edu>
- principalInvestigator: Richard A. Beck <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Wendy R. Eisner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: John D. Lenters <email@example.com>
- author: Jida Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Lyons, E., et al. 2011. Lake Water Level and Temperature from Pressure Sensors. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6CV4FV2. Accessed 20 Oct 2021.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.