Iceberg Sightings in the North Atlantic
This dataset is a collection of over 105,000 iceberg records in the North Atlantic from 1880 to 1959 transcribed from a number of contemporary sources, principally from the weekly Hydrographic Bulletins of the U.S. Hydrographic and the annual bulletins of the International Ice Patrol. The data are divided into two ZIP files consisting of yearly Excel files.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||1880-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||1959-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -75.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: 0.00
Additional contact information
- principalInvestigator: Astrid E. J. Ogilvie <Astrid.Ogilvie@colorado.edu>
- author: Astrid E. J. Ogilvie <Astrid.Ogilvie@colorado.edu>
- author: Brian Hill <Brian.Hill@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
- principalInvestigator: Peter Wadhams <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Brian Hill <Brian.Hill@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
- author: Jeffrey C. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Jeffrey C. Rogers <email@example.com>
- author: Peter Wadhams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Ogilvie, A., et al. 2012. Iceberg Sightings in the North Atlantic. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6BC3WPP. Accessed 16 Sep 2021.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.