Polar Bears: Adipose analyses
From a subset of captured bears a sample of adipose tissue was collected via tissue biopsy. These tissues were analyzed for lipid content, percent of saturated fatty-acids, fatty-acid profiles, as well as stable carbon isotope values. Information on bear IDs and dates of capture is not available because of the threatened species status of the subjects.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||NSF 0732713, USGS|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2008-01-01 22:58:00|
|End datetime||2011-12-31 22:58:00|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -155.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -122.00
Additional contact information
- author: Henry J. Harlow <email@example.com>
- author: Merav Ben-David <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: John P. Whiteman <email@example.com>
- author: George M. Durner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Henry J. Harlow <email@example.com>
- originator: Merav Ben-David <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Merav Ben-David <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Harlow, H., et al. 2013. Polar Bears: Adipose analyses. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6H41PJS. Accessed 16 May 2021.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.