Model Output Assessing Net Carbon Exchange Across the Arctic Tundra-Boreal Forest Transition in Alaska, 1981-2000
In this study, investigators simulated the temporal and spatial patterns of net carbon exchange in Alaskan ecosystems that span the transition from Arctic tundra to boreal forest. They modeled net carbon storage in terrestrial ecosystems by the balance between net primary production (NPP) and decomposition. They also modeled vegetation and soil carbon and nitrogen pools in tundra, shrub tundra, and tree line evergreen conifer forest ecosystems. Field data were used to develop parameterizations for the Terrestrial Ecosystem Model (TEM) 5.0. Investigators extrapolated the model spatially over the Alaskan Arctic to boreal tree line to simulate changes in vegetation and soil carbon storage from 1981-2000 (Thompson et al. 2005). Data are in Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values format.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||1981-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2000-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -167.50, Maximum (East) Longitude: -141.50
Additional contact information
- author: F. Stuart (Terry) Chapin III <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Thomas E. Osterkamp <email@example.com>
- author: Vladimir E. Romanovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: A. Dave McGuire <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Vladimir E. Romanovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- originator: F. Stuart (Terry) Chapin III <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: F. Stuart (Terry) Chapin III <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: A. Dave McGuire <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Thomas E. Osterkamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
III, F., et al. 2009. Model Output Assessing Net Carbon Exchange Across the Arctic Tundra-Boreal Forest Transition in Alaska, 1981-2000. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6VH5M06. Accessed 02 Oct 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.