Meteorological, Radiation, Soil, and Snow Data from Alaska Sites, 1998-2008
This data set contains meteorological, radiation, soil, and snow data from sites in Ivotuk and the Seward Peninsula in Alaska. The goal of the project is to improve the understanding of the role that soil moisture and surface temperature play in affecting the surface energy balance, sub-surface thermal dynamics, and vegetation distribution. Measurements were taken as part of the Land-Atmosphere-Ice Interactions - Arctic Transitions in the Land-Atmosphere System (LAII-ATLAS) program. The research project was funded by the Arctic System Sciences (ARCSS) Program, grant number OPP-9818066.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||1998-07-13 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2008-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -163.1611, Maximum (East) Longitude: -153.9944
Additional contact information
- author: Larry D. Hinzman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Douglas L. Kane <email@example.com>
- author: Douglas J. Goering <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- originator: Larry D. Hinzman <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Larry D. Hinzman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Douglas L. Kane <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Douglas J. Goering <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Hinzman, L., et al. 2009. Meteorological, Radiation, Soil, and Snow Data from Alaska Sites, 1998-2008. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6G44NFV. Accessed 29 Sep 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.