Multi-Network Composite Highest Resolution Upper Air Data
This data set contains a composite of the highest vertical resolution (i.e. the “native resolution”) upper air sounding data from all sources for the Deep-Propagating Gravity Wave Experiment (DeepWave). The composite includes 853 soundings from five sources around New Zealand and the surrounding ocean:
- NSF/NCAR Gulfstream-V dropsondes (282 soundings)
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology radiosondes from Hobart (137 soundings) and Macquarie Island (140 soundings)
- NIWA (National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research) radiosondes from Haast, New Zealand (51 soundings)
- DLR radiosondes from Lauder, New Zealand (98 soundings)
- NCAR/EOL radiosondes from Hokitika, New Zealand (145 soundings)
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|GCMD Science Keywords||
|Begin datetime||2014-05-25 01:00:00|
|End datetime||2014-08-01 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: 147.50, Maximum (East) Longitude: 170.985
Primary point of contact information
EOL Data Support <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Additional contact information
- author: EOL Data Support <email@example.com>
- processor: Scot Loehrer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- processor: Linda Cully <email@example.com>
- processor: Linda Echo-Hawk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- processor: Craig Brooks Snyder <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. 2016. Multi-Network Composite Highest Resolution Upper Air Data. Version 2.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6X34VVD. Accessed 01 Apr 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "