ONR Tropical Cyclone Intensity 2015 NASA WB-57 HDSS Dropsonde Data
This data set contains the high vertical resolution (0.5 second PTH and 0.25 second GPS and winds) profiles from the eXpendable Digital Dropsondes (XDD) from the High Definition Sounding System (HDSS) that was on the NASA WB-57 aircraft for the Tropical Cyclone Intensity (TCI) 2015 field campaign sponsored by the Office of Naval Research (ONR). The data set includes a total of 786 quality controlled dropsondes from 11 flights in four tropical cyclones in the eastern Pacific (Marty and Patricia) and Atlantic (Erika and Joaquin) basins. The data are in the columnar ASCII EOL Sounding Format and in tar files by flight.
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2015-08-30 15:22:58|
|End datetime||2015-10-23 21:54:19|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -109.29229, Maximum (East) Longitude: -63.04043
Additional contact information
- author: Michael M. Bell <email@example.com>
- author: James D. Doyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Mark Beaubein <email@example.com>
- author: Todd Allen
- author: Bonnie R. Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Jason Dunion <email@example.com>
- author: Patrick Duran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Joel Feldmeier <email@example.com>
- author: Lee C. Harrison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Eric Hendricks <email@example.com>
- author: Will Jeffries
- author: William Komaromi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Jonathan Martinez <email@example.com>
- author: John Molinari <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Jonathan Moskaitis <Jon.Moskaitis@nrlmry.navy.mil>
- author: Daniel P. Stern <email@example.com>
- author: David Vollaro <firstname.lastname@example.org> Show 14 more...
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Bell, M., et al. 2016. ONR Tropical Cyclone Intensity 2015 NASA WB-57 HDSS Dropsonde Data. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6KW5D8M. Accessed 05 Dec 2023.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.