Bering Strait Mooring Data 2002-2004 [Woodgate, et. al.]
This is an archive of data from moorings deployed in Bering Strait from summer 2002 to summer 2005, with annual replacement of moorings. The mooring program was part of the NSF-ONR SBI (Shelf Basin Interaction) project. This data set is a continuation of a time series started in 1990. For further details, see http://psc.apl.washington.edu/BeringStrait.html
Bering Strait is bisected by the Russia - U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) boundary, requiring specific permission to work in the western channel of the strait. Although prior measurements exist from the western channel, this present data set is only from United States waters. Note that in 2004, moorings were also placed in the Russian channel under NOAA sponsorship (PIs: Weingartner and Whitledge, University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) ).
- ORDER data for delivery by FTP
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||N00014-99-1-0345, 0125082|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords|
|Begin datetime||2002-06-22 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2005-07-17 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -169.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: -168.00
Additional contact information
- author: Rebecca Woodgate <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Dr. Knut Aagaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Dr. Knut Aagaard <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Rebecca Woodgate <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Thomas J. Weingartner <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Terry E. Whitledge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- pointOfContact: Dr. Knut Aagaard <email@example.com>
- pointOfContact: Rebecca Woodgate <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- pointOfContact: Roger Andersen <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Woodgate, R., Aagaard, D. 2007. Bering Strait Mooring Data 2002-2004. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D64Q7S3X. Accessed 25 Sep 2020.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Note that your browser may not display the above metadata links, but automatically save them as files in a folder such as "