Pan-Arctic Land Surface (PALS) model drivers and outputs
This data set includes forcing data and output fields for multimodel simulations of pan-Arctic hydrology. All models were forced with European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) 40 Year Re-analysis (ERA-40) data for the period 1979-2002. The forcing fields comprise precipitation, 2-m air temperature, incoming solar and longwave radiation at the surface, 10-m winds and specific humidity at the lowest model level, the latter calculated from dewpoint, temperature and pressure. These are available every 6 h on a grid with an approximate 125 km spacing (the so-called N80 reduced Gaussian grid). Precipitation and radiation fluxes are provided as 6-h accumulations from 6-hr forecasts. Temperature, 10-m winds, pressure and dewpoint represent instantaneous values at the 6-h analysis time. The ERA-40 data on the N-80 grid were interpolated to the 100 km Equal-Area Scalable Earth grid (EASE grid) array.
- download: NSF Arctic Data Center
|Subscribe||Subscribe to receive email when new or updated data is available.|
|Grant Code||ARC-0229769, ARC-0229651, OPP-0242125, and OPP-0230327 and NASA contract NNG04GJ39G|
|ISO Topic Categories||
|GCMD Science Keywords||
|Begin datetime||1979-01-01 00:00:00|
|End datetime||2002-12-31 23:59:59|
Map data from IBCSO, IBCAO, and Global Topography.
Maximum (North) Latitude:
Minimum (South) Latitude:
Minimum (West) Longitude: -180.00, Maximum (East) Longitude: 180.00
Additional contact information
- author: Andrew G. Slater <email@example.com>
- originator: James L. McCreight <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: Ted J. Bohn <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Mark C. Serreze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- author: James L. McCreight <email@example.com>
- author: Mark C. Serreze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Martyn P. Clark <email@example.com>
- principalInvestigator: Amanda H. Lynch <Amanda_Lynch@brown.edu>
- author: Dennis P. Lettenmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- principalInvestigator: Dennis P. Lettenmaier <email@example.com>
CitationExample citation following ESIP guidelines:
Slater, A., et al. 2011. Pan-Arctic Land Surface (PALS) model drivers and outputs. Version 1.0. UCAR/NCAR - Earth Observing Laboratory. https://doi.org/10.5065/D6X63K2F. Accessed 23 May 2022.
Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.
Additional citation styles
The citation text below is from the DataCite Content Resolver service and may take a few seconds to load. The styles and locales are obtained from CrossCite, which also provides a citation formatter. See ReFindit for another alternative. Formatting is not perfect: please verify and edit before use. Today's date is shown: please replace with the date of your most recent access.